Monday, September 17, 2007

And Once Again...

Nothing quite goes to plan.

Cheops Law: "Nothing is ever completed on time or under budget."

First read that in a Heinlein book. Can't remember which one. Time Enough for Love, I think.

Anyway, one section of the room has a bit of a jog which it took me the better part of an hour to shape the quarter round for. Didn't help that the laminate was just a bit further from the corner than I had expected. Rigged something and it doesn't look bad, but by then the kid was in bed and I had an errand to run and here I am. The work is so close to done I can taste it. Think I'll go up and do the last of the cutting before I go to bed (manual saw, no real noise). That way, tomorrow I can just nail everything into place.

On the other hand, I might just spend the night writing instead.

Heck, I'll do both. Who needs sleep?

No comments:

Free Blog Counter