Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm Ahead!

Or at least, I was until I opened the email tonight. But suffice it to say I'm caught up, which is a nice change. My editor and I are steaming along and we'll have a draft done for the end ofthe month. Yay! One down, one to go (because I only have time for one more).

It has been a rough few weeks. Sleep has been at a premium and my wife is getting mighty tired of staring at the back of my head while I'm writing and ignoring everyone else. Then my baby brought home a cold from daycare and guess who she gave it to?

Great to have a kid who loves to share.

Still, I'm caught up, and may actually get some rest in the next couple of days. The addition of the laptop has helped greatly. Being able to go away and work for a few hours last weekend made life much easier. Got two chapters done on Sunday, and have been working steady ever since.

Two geek links:

Article 1: Charles V had Gout

And they figured it out from his severed finger. Anyone know why his finger was severed? Anyway, cool science stuff.

Article 2: Interesting Trenches in India

The possibility of it having to do with ancient astronmy, while still completely speculation at this point, is kind of a cool idea. As the geologist in the article points out, however, it's too early to draw conclusions.


I'm still not ready to blog about Israel, Palestine and Lebanon. There's a lot of bad happening down there, and not a lot of ways any good can come of it. When people start lobbing explosives, bad things happen.

The Green Knight has a good article on it. He, like me, is still not sure what to say.

Hope for peace, for everyone's sake. Healing from this will take generations.

Back to work.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter