Thursday, August 17, 2006

At Loose Ends

It's heading for midnight, and I should be in bed, but I just... don't... wanna... go.

My wife and child are spending the week at a cottage, which is very nice for them, though apparently everyone has caught a cold. They're still having fun, though.

I've been working and editing all week, and have found myself in the rather strange position of being all caught up. I got tonight's work done in about an hour, and found myself still completely at loose ends. I stayed at the computer for another two hours, had dinner, and here I am again.

And why, you might ask?

Well, it's my own damn fault, really. I bought new speakers for the computer today after work, and have spent most of the evening listening to all that music I put on the computer. It's good music (well, I like it) and it's really nice to hear it properly.

And for the record, I paid for all of it. Downloading is fun but speaking as an artist, infringement of copyright sucks. I know record companies charge to much, but artists still need to get paid. So pay for your downloads!

(all my music came from my CD collection, which reminds me, have to put my Tragically Hip collection on this machine)

Anyway, I should head to bed, but I'm awake and enjoying myself and really don't want to go.

Pity the alarm is going off in six hours.

On the bright side, I've started doing a bit of work on Cold Magics (the sequel to Small Magics) again. Finishing it (it's about half done) is the next major project, and I'm looking forward to writing (instead of editing) once again.

Good night everyone. This time, I am definitely going to bed, and not...

Back to Work.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter