I declared May, for any who might be new to the blog, to be Get in Shape Month because I was feeling all sorts of out of shape. I had four goals:
- To get back to working out 6 mornings a week (3 days strength and martial arts, 3 days running)
- To do more swordfighting
- To make it through my core program without resting
- To be able to push myself hard through my entire calisthenic circuit training
And how did they go? Not bad, but not great:
- Worked out 5 days instead of 6 most weeks but that's more than I was doing
- Didn't get to swordfight once (dammit). Rapier Wit is in teaching mode right now, so open nights were taken up with rehearsals
- I can now make it through my core program, which is essentially three minutes of variations on the plank, without rest and with only a little crying
- I can almost push myself hard through my entire calisthenic training program (its a twenty minute, no rest program).
- I can do 50 pushups again
- I can do 12 chinups again
- I can chest press 200 lbs again
- And I lost 5 pounds
Back to work.