Friday, June 01, 2007

And Now, Get in Shape Month is Over

And you know, it went pretty well.

I declared May, for any who might be new to the blog, to be Get in Shape Month because I was feeling all sorts of out of shape. I had four goals:

  • To get back to working out 6 mornings a week (3 days strength and martial arts, 3 days running)
  • To do more swordfighting
  • To make it through my core program without resting
  • To be able to push myself hard through my entire calisthenic circuit training

And how did they go? Not bad, but not great:
  • Worked out 5 days instead of 6 most weeks but that's more than I was doing
  • Didn't get to swordfight once (dammit). Rapier Wit is in teaching mode right now, so open nights were taken up with rehearsals
  • I can now make it through my core program, which is essentially three minutes of variations on the plank, without rest and with only a little crying
  • I can almost push myself hard through my entire calisthenic training program (its a twenty minute, no rest program).
So I didn't quite achieve those goals, but I did get some other things out of it:
  • I can do 50 pushups again
  • I can do 12 chinups again
  • I can chest press 200 lbs again
  • And I lost 5 pounds
Not bad at all. For the next three months I 'm actually going to be concentrating a bit more on the weight loss. I am not fat (according to the charts) but I'm not where I'd like to be, so that's the next step.

Back to work.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter