Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A Little Violence, Because It's Tuesday

So I'm sure I've mentioned that I'm a fight director, right? Been out of the business a while, what having a kid to pay for and a Toronto mortgage to feed. Even so, I like to keep a hand in now and again.

So a friend of mine in Japan is doing Richard III, and he was wondering about fight stuff. He's trying to convince me to go and I'm trying to explain exactly what that would cost. Even so, I put something together for him to give him some ideas.

Now, what you see here was done after only 1.5 hours of rehearsal. It is not performance quality. Instead, it is beginning to take it's first shape. For this fight scene, I'd want at least 10 hours more work to make it passible. 20 hours if I was working with beginners.

Anyway, here it is. Enjoy it for what it is, and my thanks to Alex who took the time to shoot it and put it together, and to Dan who loaned us his space.



You want to see some good film work? Check out Alex's website.

And for some of the best in stage combat, check out Dan's website.

2 comments:

Artifact Junkie said...

Well, at this point, your video has about 51 different views. Nice.

Good job on the video too. Since you now have an account on YouTube will you be adding any more videos?

It's a shame your Polaris workshops couldn't have been filmed and posted.

Erik Buchanan said...

Yeah, but given the poor attendance at the Polaris workshop, it's just as well.

Love to post more videos. Little busy right now.

Free Blog Counter