Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year

The holiday season is nearly over. I spent Christmas with my mother and her family out west. My mother got some quality time with her grandchild, and we actually got a night out, courtesy of Granny, who managed to get the kid down and asleep without Mommy for the first time. It lasted about 2 hours, but not bad, all told. Also, we took the kid tobogganing for the first time (She's less than a year old, so it was it was a very, very small hill). You should have seen her face. Arms wide, head thrown back, laughing to beat the band. It was wonderful.

And now, the new year is almost here and it is time to get back to work.

On the agenda for 2006:

  1. Finish the current novel
  2. Finish my website
  3. Edit the previous novel and get it out
  4. Edit Small Magics for publication by Dragon Moon Press
  5. Finish the adaptation for the stage of the classical novel I'm working on (I'll give the name when it's done)
  6. Finish the Pantomime to put up next Christmas
  7. Find a way to pay for it all, plus the kid's daycare and the rent (i.e. get a day job)

And of course, there's the new year's resolutions:

  1. Drop 15 pounds (fat and muscle; I'm too bulky)
  2. See above.

That's what I'm up to for the next little while (okay, the next year), so blogging will return to its usual sporadic pace. Hopefully, I'll find some good stuff to talk about. The election looms here, so I'm certain that I can come up with something.

Happy New Year everyone.

Back to work.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter