Thursday, May 22, 2008

Notes on Self-Discipline

A little lunch-time blogging.

I hang out at BodyweightCulture a fair amount (being an exercise junkie) and came across this thread today, which lead me to Steve Pavlina's blog articles about self-discipline.

The articles are well-laid out and give an interesting perspective into the elements that you need to become a self-disciplined person. For him, they are "Acceptance, Willpower, Hard Work, Industry, and Persistence."

Self-discipline has always been an issue with me. I tend to be a dreamer, and that can lead to procrastination and avoidance and other issues, all of which are most unwelcome in a writer. Hard to finish that next novel when all you're doing is dreaming of a beach or mountain somewhere.

I found these articles useful and recommend them for anyone who is wanting to improve their self-discipline. I plan to re-read them later this week and then start applying some of the principles and see if things improve.

And now, back to lunch. Yummy pasta with bacon. Mmmm.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter