Friday, September 29, 2006

Time to Start Writing Again

And I don't mean at this blog (though God knows I am falling behind on that, too).

No, I am nearly done the edit of Small Magics. Now it's just niggling little stuff and annoying bits. All the major revisions are done, and we're on schedule to have it in at the top of December. And while I wait for my talented young editor to get me the next few chapters, it's time to get back to work.

Cold Magics is the sequel to Small Magics. It starts four months after where Small Magics ends, and follows Thomas and his friends on new adventures. It was on page 310 when I had to turn my full attention to Small Magics, and now it's time to turn back to it. Fortunately, I've been working with the same characters, so I don't feel like I've completely lost track of the story.

I'm hoping to get another 100 pages by Christmas. I'm also going to be working on a play which I've been meaning to finish for some time. Fortunately, the play is an adaptation of a Victorian novel, so there's no writing required, just a good eye for editing and a picture of how I want it to turn out. Cold Magics is the first priority, though.

And once that's written, it's time to start editing The King Below. No rest for the wicked. At least, not for me. At least I'm having fun. And I've got to start thinking about what the next novel will be.

Back to work.

(and you thought I was going to stop sayng that)

No comments:

Free Blog Counter