Friday, February 09, 2007

Skiing!

That's right, skiing.

My wife and I are off to a nearby resort this weekend for some rest, relaxation and fun while our daughter's Mum-Mum (her maternal grandmother) takes care of her overnight Saturday.

Of course, our beloved Maggie (our daughter) has decided to have a cold and a fever this weekend. Still, Mum-Mum is game and we're heading out (taking the cel phone with us just in case). Fortunately Maggie is now two and both old and big enough for cough medicine. She is sleeping the sleep of the drugged even as I write this.

But that's not the most exciting part. The most exciting part is that we're going skiing!!!

I haven't been on skis in 20 years. Literally. And my wife has only been on them once. Neither of us have proper gear and we're going to rent skis.

It should be hilarious.

So, wish me well, and here's hoping for a minimum of falls as I get me ski legs back.

Back to work...

And then to bed.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter